Director of Operations
Director of Operations
Our Village United (OVU) is seeking a high-energy and strategic Director of Operations to manage daily operations, staffing, and compliance-related matters in the non-profit environment. The Director of Operations will develop and maintain programs that are community-oriented and focused on scaling and provide a platform that enhances OVU’s ability to transform the non-profit sector. Duties will include the design, development, and implementation of strategies that align with OVU’s goals, objectives, and mandate; curating policies and workflows that effectively manage and optimize the Company’s ability to perform and sustain growth; and providing managerial and planning skills that embody our mission, vision and engages leadership, staff members and the community.
The Director of Operations candidate must understand the importance of entrepreneurship, effective communication, philanthropy, management of internal and external stakeholders’ expectations, and program development.
- Oversee the heads of each department in a nonprofit, including marketing, fundraising, program development, HR management, and accounting.
- Lead fundraising based on the annual income goals, for example, and work with program development managers to set standards for serving the organization's targeted needs groups.
- Directors are expected to attend and possibly host a range of fundraising events, new program inaugurations, and public relations events.
- Directors often speak directly with reporters, donors, government representatives, and community members at these events, spending a good deal of time acting as the organization's public face.
- Manage staff and day-to-day operations at Our Village United.
- Provide metrics and KPIs on programs and workforce performance.
- Oversee the preparation and production of fundraising events.
- Know and understand the organization’s vision and effectively communicate it to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that OVU is in compliance with all non-profit regulations or practices.
- Create innovative and advanced public relations machinery that is effective and conducive to OVU’s fundraising and programming efforts.
- Collaborate with Department Heads and identify potential sources of investment and opportunities to scale.
- Lead the charge in identifying key talent for critical roles at OVU and ensure that retention strategies are in place.
- Network with industry partners to gain insight on any developments in the sector.
- Identify potential risks and opportunities within the organization and its environment to protect business interests.
- Communicate with superior to make decisions for operational activities
- Set strategic operational goals and KPIs
- Plan, implement and manage the overall long-term business success strategy
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day operations
- Supervise staff from different departments
- Provide constructive feedback
- Evaluate and monitor the efficiency of business procedures
- Oversee customer support processes
- Organize customer support to enhance customer satisfaction
- Review financial information
- Manage operational budgets to promote profitability
- Develop policies and procedures and encourage adherence
- Manage relationships with external partners and vendors
- Effective communicator and strategist
- Ability to motivate and engage team members
- Experience fundraiser
- Must have 5-7 years of management and operational experience with a nonprofit
- Must have experience in leadership
- Excellent understanding of finance-related performance standards
- Excellent finance and business acumen for the non-profit industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate and regulatory best practices
- Organization and leadership skills
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills
Understanding and ability to interpret, design, and develop policies and procedures
- At 4-year degree in the related field or at least 3 years experience in a leadership role.
- At least 3 years of experience in fundraising
- 5-7 years of experience as Director of Operations or a similar position
- Knowledge of the industry’s legal rules and guidelines
- Knowledge of industry's latest trends and best practices
- In-depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles such as supply chain, finance, customer service, human resources, etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Familiarity with MS Office and various business software (e.g. ERP, CRM)
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Salary Range: $75,000- 80,000
Schedule: 9 am – 5 pm Monday – Friday (occasional weekends and holidays)
Location: Atlanta, GA (occasional travel is required)